Child development and trauma guide
The child development and trauma specialist practice resource has been developed to assist practitioners in understanding typical developmental pathways of children and recognising indicators of trauma at different ages and stages.
Importantly, the resource offers practical, age-appropriate advice as to the needs of children, parents, and carers when trauma has occurred and ways in which children and families can be assisted in healing and recovery.
The following information needs to be understood in the context of the overview statement on child development:
- Child development and trauma kit folder cover (PDF 928 KB)
- Child development and trauma specialist practice resource – Introduction (PDF 405 KB)
Child development and trauma resources are available for age groups:
- Age 0 – 12 months (PDF 619 KB)
- Age 12 months – 3 years (PDF 835 KB)
- Age 3 – 5 years (PDF 835 KB)
- Age 5 – 7 years (PDF 641 KB)
- Age 7 – 9 years (PDF 637 KB)
- Age 9 – 12 years (PDF 656 KB)
- Age 12 – 18 years (PDF 704 KB)